Podcast #43: One-Sided Friendships
This episode of the podcast is all about one-sided friends. You know the type…
You *always* have to text them first to make plans, often with no response. You feel like you’re their therapist, but your friend can’t even remember your boyfriend’s name. In one-sided friendships, it often feels like you have to carry the entire relationship on your back, or else it’s over.
Laura and Jess share their personal experiences dealing with people like this, and then dive into tips on how you can cope with these types of friendships.
The hosts answer questions and give advice around burning topics, including:
- Is it better to cut your losses and break up with your friend, or should you have a conversation first?
- Are all one-sided friends toxic, or do they just have a lot on their plates?
- When should you give a friend grace, and when should you assert your boundaries?
- Is it normal for friendships to change over time?
- What should you do if you realize you have one-sided friends?
- How can you fix a one-sided friendship (if you want to)?
One-sided friends can be exhausting and frustrating to deal with, and spending too much time with them is toxic to your own mental health. It’s important to recognize the signs and make a plan of action as soon as you realize you’re in one.